Intel 875P (ASUS P4C800 Series or Abit IC7 Series) cant handle PAT when using all 4 memory slots ?

Old May 22nd 04, 11:57 PM
[email protected]@hotmail.com

Default Intel 875P (ASUS P4C800 Series or Abit IC7 Series) cant handle PAT when using all 4 memory slots ?

I'm still waiting to get an answer from Intel on this one (assuming
they decide to answer, which they should ... eventually ...)

So far I know the ABIT IC7 boards suffer from this problem. The
ASSUMPTION is that it's an INTEL chipset issue, not an ABIT issue, but
I havent been able to confirm this.

Maybe someone with an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe or P4C800-E Deluxe could let
me know what their experiences have been. That would help determine if
the problem is intel chipset based, as many suspect.

On a related issue, if this IS a problem that effects the 875P
chipset, do experienced users feel the 875P chipset, even if PAT is
disabled, is still a better bnoard when compared to the 865 chipsets ?

Thanks
Old May 23rd 04, 03:01 AM
Guess Who

Well, I have an INTEL D875PBZT, with all 4 memory slots populated (4 x 512MB
Dual Channel DDR400), and PAT is enabled and works fine.

wrote in message

I'm still waiting to get an answer from Intel on this one (assuming
they decide to answer, which they should ... eventually ...)

So far I know the ABIT IC7 boards suffer from this problem. The
ASSUMPTION is that it's an INTEL chipset issue, not an ABIT issue, but
I havent been able to confirm this.

Maybe someone with an ASUS P4C800 Deluxe or P4C800-E Deluxe could let
me know what their experiences have been. That would help determine if
the problem is intel chipset based, as many suspect.

On a related issue, if this IS a problem that effects the 875P
chipset, do experienced users feel the 875P chipset, even if PAT is
disabled, is still a better bnoard when compared to the 865 chipsets ?

Thanks

Intel 875P (ABit IC7 Series) cant handle PAT when using all 4 memory slots ? [email protected]@hotmail.com Intel 7 May 21st 04 03:20 AM
Intel COO signals willingness to go with AMD64!! Yousuf Khan General 133 February 16th 04 11:31 PM
Intel Commander Intel 0 October 30th 03 08:05 PM
Memory confusion or confused about memory. Spam Me Please General 14 October 26th 03 06:42 AM
Pentium 4 HT vs dual XEON Mike Intel 22 July 21st 03 07:07 PM