Where can I find a song I played in Firefox?

Old December 6th 05, 01:28 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Where can I find a song I played in Firefox?

Went to the following website, http://www.purevolume.com/riesinclair , and
clicked on the grayed out "download" button for "Just You and Me". I
didn't get the normal download/save window. The song just played in it's
entirety. Has Firefox stored it somewhere in it's temp files? Where could
I find the song on my harddrive? I know it's here somewhere as each time I
play it, I don't have to wait for it to download again (I'm on dialup).
There's no place on this site to purchase the music and I can't find it
anywhere else. I've looked in several folders in Windows Explorer. I
tried right clicking on the website's player thinking I might get a "save
as" window. Help!....please
Monica

Old December 6th 05, 01:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

if you right click the link for the song, you should get a "save as" option.
if not...
the temp files for firefox are under
documents and settings\username\local settings\...
documents and settings\username\applicaiton data\mozilla\...
check in there...
you may need to show hidden/systemfiles.

Old December 6th 05, 03:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

my firefox cache files are stored in firefox at this directory
"C:\Documents and Settings\Jay\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\2agcwpf0.default\Cac he"
the profile name will be different for you so check them all.

perhaps you also have offline files turned on, and it could be saving
those as well, that would be saved under system32 i believe.

Old December 6th 05, 04:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Well I guess it's just not on here afterall. I finally navigated thru all
the folders but nothing was there that indicated a music file or any file
that I could actually open.
Thanks for your help tho
Monica

Old December 6th 05, 04:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Firefox cache files, unlike Navigator's, are either scrambled,
compressed or both. There might be something like Firefox Cache Viewer,
though. Do a Google search? If you do find one, could you post the
link?

Old December 6th 05, 04:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Monica wrote:
Well I guess it's just not on here afterall. I finally navigated thru all
the folders but nothing was there that indicated a music file or any file
that I could actually open.
Thanks for your help tho
Monica

Certain formats (like Real) only leave a stub on the computer and stream
the media, so you may not find it. In Windows XP, Mozilla Firefox's
cahce is (by default) in C:\Documents & Settings\$USERNAME\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[8_random_chacters].default\Cache, chances
are if it's anywhere, it'd be there. For the Mozilla Suite (now known
as SeaMonkey), change /Firefox/ to /default/ and exclude the .default
from the following sub-directory (but it will start with random characters).

There's methods of capturing a stream if that's the case. Certain
formats can be copy directly via software, and at worst case you can use
a program like AudioJacker or TotalRecorder which record anything that
passes through your sound card (downside is this occurs in real time).

Old December 6th 05, 05:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

OK guys, I've looked and looked for these programs. Lots of hits on google
but none lead to where I can download either one of them. Even went to the
"darkside" of the Internet and couldn't locate it there either. Anyone have
a working link to either program?
Thanks

Old December 6th 05, 09:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Monica" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
OK guys, I've looked and looked for these programs. Lots of hits on
google but none lead to where I can download either one of them. Even
went to the "darkside" of the Internet and couldn't locate it there
either. Anyone have a working link to either program?
Thanks

"Nicholas Andrade" wrote in message
. com...

There's methods of capturing a stream if that's the case. Certain
formats can be copy directly via software, and at worst case you can use
a program like AudioJacker or TotalRecorder which record anything that
passes through your sound card (downside is this occurs in real time).

I use this one for recording. If you get the LAME MP3 Encoder plug-in, you
can save your recorded audio as mp3 files.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

alien