TV Out Overscan problem - advice needed.

Old September 6th 04, 11:44 PM
Eddy Auction

Default TV Out Overscan problem - advice needed.

Hi All,

I've spent a while now trying to get my Dell Latitude D800 with a
Nvidia Geforce4 4200 Go (dell mobile) video card to display without a
black border around the screen via TV Out.

I know I need to enable overscan somehow to allow the output to fill
out the TV picture, but I just can't find anyway to do it. I never
imagined that it wouldn't have this kind of feature like other cards
I've used in the past.

I've downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers (6.14.10.4487) and also
installed TV Tool - a recognised solution to this kind of problem.

Neither have an option anywhere available to select overscan or full
screen for the TV Output (that I can find anyway)...

I'm not a fool when it comes to things like this so it's very
frustrating. I am beginning to believe it can't be done on my laptop
due to the video hardware not supporting it - which is a surprise
considering how much the laptop cost !!

Any help or suggestions etc would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Matt.