Group dead?

Old December 5th 13, 08:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

Default Group dead?

See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?
Old December 8th 13, 06:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In ,
Frank typed:
See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?

I am still here Frank. I think a few of us check here a few times a
month.

--
Bill
Centrino Core2 Duo T5600 1.83GHz - 4GB - Windows XP SP2

Old December 8th 13, 08:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

On 12/8/2013 1:58 PM, BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Frank typed:
See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?

I am still here Frank. I think a few of us check here a few times a
month.

Thanks for the response.

I don't know if there are anymore specific gw issues needed to be
discussed in a gw ng but I've had gw's for over 20 years and things were
active in the past.

Frank
Old December 8th 13, 08:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In ,
Frank typed:
On 12/8/2013 1:58 PM, BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Frank typed:
See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?

I am still here Frank. I think a few of us check here a few times a
month.

Thanks for the response.

I don't know if there are anymore specific gw issues needed to be
discussed in a gw ng but I've had gw's for over 20 years and things
were active in the past.

I think of it as a good thing, Frank! If Gateway users are not having
problems they need help with, then it is a good thing. ;-)

Old December 8th 13, 09:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

On 12/8/2013 3:37 PM, BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Frank typed:
On 12/8/2013 1:58 PM, BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Frank typed:
See nothing new here for 6 months.
Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just
becoming generic?

I am still here Frank. I think a few of us check here a few times a
month.

Thanks for the response.

I don't know if there are anymore specific gw issues needed to be
discussed in a gw ng but I've had gw's for over 20 years and things
were active in the past.

I think of it as a good thing, Frank! If Gateway users are not having
problems they need help with, then it is a good thing. ;-)

I suspect it is more like computers becoming generic, i.e. specific
major brands not much different.
Old December 8th 13, 11:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In ,
Frank typed:
[...]

That could be Frank. That that has been the goal of most of them. For
example on the other side of the coin, Dell tries to be like and
different at the same time. And that newsgroup is still quite activate.
Although the manufactures who don't play such games have been pretty
quite for awhile now.

Old December 13th 13, 02:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
[email protected]

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:14:20 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
See nothing new here for 6 months.

Been happy with GW I bought last year but are these machines just

becoming generic?

Well, I just came across this group. I've got a pretty decent Gateway 2000 collection ranging from 386s to Colorbooks to Solos to odd collectibles that GW2K handed out back in the day. Also have many manuals and product advertisements that I need to scan sometime.

Group dead? Jack General 140 October 6th 08 05:39 PM
Dead TCP/IP Stack = DEAD VISTA !! Skybuck Flying Nvidia Videocards 14 September 23rd 07 09:49 PM
This group is dead. ATI is dead. Post at AMD group? Jone Ati Videocards 9 May 11th 07 09:06 AM
my 2000FP is dead dead dead (Dallas area) MBoyd00000 Dell Computers 2 April 28th 04 12:27 AM
Group dead? Nigel Sandell UK Computer Vendors 12 December 15th 03 03:42 PM