Which motherboard?

Old December 27th 07, 11:09 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Rick1[_6_]

Default Which motherboard?

Hi everyone.
I'm probably going to buy the QX9650 when it comes out in a few days,
if it turns out to be around $1000 and no more.
I can't decide what MB to put it in though...
I am running some Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066Mhz. So I was thinking the
MSI P35 Platinum?
I won't be likely to run SLI so I don't need 680i, and I won't be
running DDR3 for a long time yet so don't want to go X38.
I'm also planning on OCing the processor to probably around 4Ghz, with
the FSB up to maybe 1500 or 1600Mhz. So I need something that can
happily handle that FSB without custom cooling (Antec 900 with all
possible fans, and a Thermalright Ultra-120e on the proc, though), and
that can assist me favorably with the processor OC.
Suggestions?
_________________
'bounce house' (http://www.bouncerland.com) 'fun games'
(http://www.playedonline.com)

--
Rick1
Old February 18th 08, 10:36 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Another Cultist Subliminal Message from AA: \Boo\

On Dec 27 2007, 5:09 am, Rick1
wrote:
[...]

get a life comes to mind. $1000 for a PC ... gezz.

OK What AM2 Motherboard? Peter van der Goes AMD x86-64 Processors 2 November 13th 06 05:32 AM
motherboard help. Compaq Presario 5700T Motherboard marq122 via HWKB.com Homebuilt PC's 2 September 7th 06 10:05 PM
Is my motherboard bad? ke398 Homebuilt PC's 3 March 17th 06 12:16 AM
motherboard luc General 1 May 2nd 05 03:46 PM
Use HDD from AMD Proc Motherboard in Intel Proc Motherboard Sekhar Asus Motherboards 1 August 15th 04 07:41 PM