Need opinion on asrock z68 pro3-m and gskill sniper rig

Old November 6th 11, 03:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
the Blue

Default Need opinion on asrock z68 pro3-m and gskill sniper rig

Hi folks,

I am planning on buying a new rig for a little overclocking and seek
your advice.

The plan :
i5 2500k
as rock z68 pro3-M
gskill sniper 1600 CL9 2x4GB low voltage
graphics: I am not really into gaming, think a HD 6790 would be
sufficient.

Do you think the ASRock MB is overkill?
Do you think 2x2GB CL8 would be a better fit?

Thank you for your wisdom,

Sam

Old February 15th 12, 01:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Fishface[_2_]

I have 4 x 4GB Zalman Black DDR3 1600 and they are tall. I had to raise
the fan a bit on the Coolermaster. At first I didn't know the plastic fan
holder slid up and was bummed! I see the GSkill Sniper looks tall, also.
I would have picked some shorter ones, had I known.

For the record, and I know this message is quite old, the memory is not
branded Zalman but Mushkin. I regret any inconvenience this may have
caused.

gskill memory Tom Asus Motherboards 5 May 13th 07 01:36 PM
GA-8IPE1000 Pro3 / Chipset fan DevilsPGD Gigbyte Motherboards 2 May 21st 05 01:02 AM
GA-8IPE1000 Pro3 / CPU temperatures DevilsPGD Gigbyte Motherboards 4 May 17th 05 11:39 PM
Asus A8N-E & GSKILL memory Lorelei Asus Motherboards 0 April 11th 05 07:42 PM
GA-8IPE1000 Pro3 DevilsPGD Gigbyte Motherboards 2 February 20th 04 04:56 PM