M2 Card - Boot?

Old October 19th 15, 02:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Flame[_2_]

Default M2 Card - Boot?

If I install an m2 card in a Maximus VII Hero, will I be able to boot to
it?

Don't want to spend the $$$ if I can only use it as an expensive storage
card...

THX

Flame
Old October 19th 15, 02:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Flame wrote:
If I install an m2 card in a Maximus VII Hero, will I be able to boot to
it?

Don't want to spend the $$$ if I can only use it as an expensive storage
card...

THX

Flame

Sometimes you get lucky, and the info is on VIP.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us

"Posted:10/27/2014 11:07:00 PM # 4

Old post but you need to enable the M.2 support through bios.

Go to the Advanced tab in UEFI then go down to
"on board devices configuration" then to
PCI express X4_3 slot "Black" bandwidth
and enable M.2 mode.

Of course you can use this as a boot drive and
Windows will then detect it."

Paul