New Printer Reccomendation Wanted: Color & Quiet

Old October 14th 06, 07:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary

Default New Printer Reccomendation Wanted: Color & Quiet

I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

Thanks,
Gary

Old October 14th 06, 03:09 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson, PE

Gary wrote:
I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

I can't speak for other brands but most of Canon's inkjet printers have
a "night mode" that makes them nearly silent.
Old October 14th 06, 03:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Canon IP4300 is quiet and can be made quieter by placing it in quiet
mode. You will loose some speed in that mode.

Old October 14th 06, 03:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:

Gary wrote:

I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

I can't speak for other brands but most of Canon's inkjet printers
have a "night mode" that makes them nearly silent.

That is totally false. Most canon printers have a quiet mode that can
also be used during the day in offices where noise may be a factor as well.
Old October 15th 06, 06:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tom Crooze

"Gary" wrote in message
reenews.net...

I have an HP InkJet 5550 that I'm mostly happy with.

Only problem is that sometimes (like now) I wake up
in the middle of the night and work. And this thing makes
so much noise with the head going back and forth and the
paper handling, I feel like I'm waking-up the entire house.

Any decent color printers being made that are quiet.

I'd rather stick the the inexpensive ink-jets, but I suppose
a laser, if not too expensive would be ok.

Thanks,
Gary

My ip3000 ( and current models as well I would assume ) have the Quiet Mode
which can be customised
Always use Quiet Mode
Never use Quiet Mode
or set times for Quiet Mode operation
I can tell you that when it's operational....IT'S QUIET ALRIGHT!

Old October 16th 06, 12:40 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary

OK.

Thanks everyone for the replys. Very Helpful.