Backup battery

Old March 20th 10, 10:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
CaseOfEmergency

Default Backup battery

Ever since day 1 (almost 3 years ago) my Acer 5613ZWLMi system clock has
been wrong. Acer service just tells me to go some shop and have the backup
battery replaced. Shops tell me, they would send the laptop to Acer service.
What should I do ? Can I replace it by myself ?

Old March 21st 10, 03:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Han

"CaseOfEmergency" wrote in
:

Ever since day 1 (almost 3 years ago) my Acer 5613ZWLMi system clock
has been wrong. Acer service just tells me to go some shop and have
the backup battery replaced. Shops tell me, they would send the laptop
to Acer service. What should I do ? Can I replace it by myself ?

On most machines you can set the clock time and date. That doesn't hold
for your machine?

I replaced the cpu in my Acer 3680. If I can do that, you should be able
to replace the battery, if it is a separate thing, rather than incorporated
into something else like the BIOS hardware. Did you google for a
repair/user manual for your machine? (I couldn't find one easily).

Most often, I thought, the CMOS battery is a flat round thing, about the
size of a US quarter. But then it may be different for your machine.

--
Best regards
Han
Old February 3rd 11, 12:27 PM
pauladams pauladams is offline
Junior Member

It is really surprising to know that since 3 years you are4 facing some problem with your system but still are not extending the time period. Take it to the service center on your own.