Got it working! First post from inside Damn Small Linux! Need more help pls

Old June 8th 10, 06:06 PM posted to comp.os.linux.setup,alt.comp.linux,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Default Got it working! First post from inside Damn Small Linux! Need more help pls

RayLopez99 raylopez88 gmail.com wrote:

OK, live and learn. Repost since my first post got lost when
Firefox unexpectedly disappeared from my Linux screen. But not
blaming Linux (Damn Small Linux) since I have a Pentium II with
1 GB (!) hd and a few sticks of RAM. Can't expect much.

Anyway, like I was saying I did get the Linux box connected to
the internet, using the ethernet card, and both Windows and
Linux boxes are working as I type this through the same ADSL
modem. Nice.

Yeah, but why are you posting new and again cross posting this to
the homebuilt personal computer group.

From: RayLopez99 raylopez88 gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.setup,alt.comp.linux,alt.comp.hardwa re.pc-homebuilt
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 05:27:29 -0700 (PDT)

Old June 8th 10, 06:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike Easter

John Doe wrote:
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.setup, alt.comp.linux,
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

RayLopez99

Yeah, but why are you posting new and again cross posting this to
the homebuilt personal computer group.

If you are opposed to crossposting, as am I, then you shouldn't
crosspost at all yourself, including replies to crossposted messages.

A trollishly crossposted message doesn't deserve to have its
'newsgroups' line content respected -- which is part of the reason that
very very few messages should be crossposted in the first place and
approximately zero replies to such messages should be so crossposted.

--
Mike Easter
posted to a.c.h.p-h only
Old June 9th 10, 10:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

On Jun 8, 8:25*pm, Mike Easter wrote:

If you are opposed to crossposting, as am I, then you shouldn't
crosspost at all yourself, including replies to crossposted messages.

Then are you opposed to SymLink (linking) files in Unix too?

RL
Old June 9th 10, 02:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike Easter

RayLopez99 wrote:
Mike Easter

If you are opposed to crossposting, as am I, then you shouldn't
crosspost at all yourself, including replies to crossposted messages.

Then are you opposed to SymLink (linking) files in Unix too?

I am talking about (not) crossposting news messages. I am not
interested in talking about SymLink. Or recipes and their
cross-referencing.

Do you have any intention whatsoever in determining the mobo and ram
potential and what is and is not populating which available ram slots in
this P54C comp3 DT desktop?

--
Mike Easter