Windows 10 setting keep getting reset

Old May 11th 18, 06:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Windows 10 setting keep getting reset

I have a Dell Precision M6800 laptop that I disable the touchpad and touchscreen on. Every so often they get turned back on! The touchpad is disabled in the UI for the device but will show up as enabled. There is a control for that. Oddly the first time I used it the buttons were turned off as well, but subsequent turn offs result in only the touchpad being disabled and the touchpad buttons remaining operational. Also I have noticed (not being able to get the keyboard backlight to remain on) touching the touchpad will turn on the keyboard backlight.

I have to disable the touchscreen by disabling the driver in the Device Manager. I seem to recall that when the touchscreen comes back on it still shows as disabled in Device Manager and I have to enable it and disable it again.

I'm pretty sure this does not require a reboot to cause these problems, but they might only happen after the machine sleeps or hibernates, I'm not sure.

I like the machine fairly well, but the Dell specific drivers seem to have issues. I thought this machine was supported under Windows 10. I also have not been able to get the Dell support program to run on this machine. It downloads and runs, but never communicates with the Dell web site. I thought I had that working before, but not now.

Rick C.