More important to update BIOS or driver?

Old September 18th 04, 09:27 AM
Adriano

Default More important to update BIOS or driver?

Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
driver.
thanks

bye Adriano

Old September 19th 04, 12:02 AM
DaveW

Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a specific
problem that the new BIOS version solves. Updating the BIOS is a good way
to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.

--
DaveW

news

Old September 19th 04, 12:22 AM
Ron Reaugh

"Adriano" wrote in message
news
Hello, I'd like if it is more important to update motherboard BIOS or
driver.

Do both. BIOS today and driver day after tomorrow.

Old September 19th 04, 12:23 AM
Ron Reaugh

"DaveW" wrote in message
news:d833d.70594$D%[email protected]_s51...
Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a

specific
problem that the new BIOS version solves.

Nonsense.

Updating the BIOS is a good way
to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.

Only for cretins.

Old September 19th 04, 01:27 AM
Pete D

"Ron Reaugh" wrote in message

"DaveW" wrote in message
news:d833d.70594$D%[email protected]_s51...
Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a

specific
problem that the new BIOS version solves.

Nonsense.

Updating the BIOS is a good way
to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.

Only for cretins.

Ron, you are completely correct, pretty rare these days to have any problems
flashing firmware of any kind as long as it is the correct firmware for the
hardware.

Old September 19th 04, 01:45 AM
Ron Reaugh

"Pete D" wrote in message

"Ron Reaugh" wrote in message

"DaveW" wrote in message
news:d833d.70594$D%[email protected]_s51...
Do NOT try updating the motherboard's BIOS unless you are fixing a

specific
problem that the new BIOS version solves.

Nonsense.

Updating the BIOS is a good way
to possibly inactivate an otherwise good motherboard.

Only for cretins.

Ron, you are completely correct, pretty rare these days to have any

problems
flashing firmware of any kind as long as it is the correct firmware for

the
hardware.

Exactly. Pay attention, get the right version, wait for Ivan to pass then
flash.

Old September 19th 04, 01:47 AM
Ron Reaugh

A major issue that keeps being skipped is that new BIOS versions usually
contain much more than what they spec like later CPU microcode. Get the
latest for all the unseen reasons and stay current.