SATA & SCSI, SATA link & SATA Raid

Old November 28th 04, 07:23 PM
Aldo Larrabiata

Default SATA & SCSI, SATA link & SATA Raid

I'm looking to add a 120 GB SATA HD to my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Ver 1.4.
I already have two 40 GB IDE disks and three SCSI.

1°) First I shall configure the BIOS in order to boot on the SCSI first.
Then I shall also disable the booting capabilities of the SCSI 2940UW
adapter.
* Then what shall I do more ?

2°) When I searched drivers through the net, I found Asus providing an old
version 1.0.0.22 (the same as I have on the CD ROM) and Silicon Image
providing Ver 1.0.0.51.
* I'm wandering if there will be any trouble with the newer Silicon Image's
one. Any experiences ?

3°) It appears there are two kinds of drivers: SATA link and SATA Raid.
Are SATA link intended for IDE/SATA Adapters ? If not what type shall I use
?

Thanks in advance

Old December 2nd 04, 08:27 PM
Aldo Larrabiata

Re-submission and apologies if already answered,I missed it.

"Aldo Larrabiata" a écrit dans le message news:
I'm looking to add a 120 GB SATA HD to my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Ver 1.4.
I already have two 40 GB IDE disks and three SCSI.

1°) First I shall configure the BIOS in order to boot on the SCSI first.
Then I shall also disable the booting capabilities of the SCSI 2940UW
adapter.
* Then what shall I do more ?

2°) When I searched drivers through the net, I found Asus providing an old
version 1.0.0.22 (the same as I have on the CD ROM) and Silicon Image
providing Ver 1.0.0.51.
* I'm wandering if there will be any trouble with the newer Silicon Image's
one. Any experiences ?

3°) It appears there are two kinds of drivers: SATA link and SATA Raid.
Are SATA link intended for IDE/SATA Adapters ? If not what type shall I use
?

Thanks in advance

15K rpm SCSI-disk Ronny Mandal General 25 December 8th 04 08:04 PM
IDE RAID Ted Dawson Asus Motherboards 29 September 21st 04 03:39 AM
How to set up RAID 0+1 on P4C800E-DLX MB -using 4 SATA HDD's & 2 ATA133 HHD? Data Wing Asus Motherboards 2 June 5th 04 03:47 PM
SATA setup on 8KNXP rev. 2.0 Richard Dower Gigbyte Motherboards 17 May 14th 04 11:58 AM
INtel raid colt45 Gigbyte Motherboards 10 November 9th 03 03:00 AM