Anyone know where I can get a driver update for the GeForce 440 Go?

Old April 2nd 05, 04:37 PM
wotsayyou

Default Anyone know where I can get a driver update for the GeForce 440 Go?

The latest XP drivers from nvidia.com don't support it (nice one nvidia,
BTW), so I continually get the message "the nvidia setup program could not
locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. setup
will now exit" everytime I run it.

Any help appreciated.

Old April 2nd 05, 05:04 PM
N´far

Old April 2nd 05, 07:29 PM
wotsayyou

"N´far" wrote in message
. ..

Great stuff, thanks.

Old April 2nd 05, 10:12 PM
Bob

"N´far" wrote in message
. ..

This site is specifically geared to the mobile ( Go) chipsets...

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com./

Great stuff for notebook users!
HTH,
Bob

Old April 2nd 05, 10:25 PM
Cari

"wotsayyou" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
The latest XP drivers from nvidia.com don't support it (nice one nvidia,
BTW), so I continually get the message "the nvidia setup program could not
locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. setup
will now exit" everytime I run it.

Any help appreciated.

Since it's a notebook graphics chipset, the drivers should be downloaded
from the website of the notebook manufacturer.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

Old April 3rd 05, 04:50 AM
theotherBob

"wotsayyou" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
The latest XP drivers from nvidia.com don't support it (nice one nvidia,
BTW), so I continually get the message "the nvidia setup program could not
locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. setup
will now exit" everytime I run it.

Any help appreciated.

Like has been mentioned already, this from the FAQ section from nvidia.com.
Sounds like you have no reason for blaming nvidia for not supplying a driver
for your notebook based video card;
URL may wrap :-)
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...Z2U9MQ**&p_li=

Display drivers for mobile Geforce/Quadro GPUs

Question

Where can I download mobile drivers for GeForce Go or Quadro Go mobile GPUs?

Answer

Mobile GPU's like the GeForce Go and Quadro Go family of mobile GPU's use
drivers that have been customized to support hot key functions, power
management functions, lid close and suspend/resume behavior that are
normally found in notebooks. The reference drivers that are provided by
NVIDIA on our driver downloads page do not include these custom features.
NVIDIA reference drivers are UDA compatible and will run on an NVIDIA
notebook GPU but other functions like suspend/resume, display brightness,
etc. are not supported. To locate the latest drivers for your mobile GPU,
visit the drivers page for your notebook manufacturer. Since UDA drivers
support backward compatibility more recent drivers for more recent notebook
models from the same notebook vendor typically provide enhancements and
maintain support for hot/keys and suspend/resume behavior.

Old April 3rd 05, 12:47 PM
wotsayyou

"theotherBob" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s51...

"wotsayyou" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
The latest XP drivers from nvidia.com don't support it (nice one nvidia,
BTW), so I continually get the message "the nvidia setup program could

not
locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. setup
will now exit" everytime I run it.

Any help appreciated.

Like has been mentioned already, this from the FAQ section from

nvidia.com.
Sounds like you have no reason for blaming nvidia for not supplying a

driver
for your notebook based video card;
URL may wrap :-)

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...adp.php?p_faqi
d=7&p_created=1096392991&p_sid=*_3vD-Bh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5
PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9ODEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdH lwZT1zZWFyY2hfZm5sJnBfcHJv
ZF9sdmwxPTImcF9jYXRfbHZsMT01OCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

[...]

Thanks for the link and information.

Nvidia designed the cards for laptops / notebooks, didn't they ? Why
shouldn't they support / supply drivers that sport notebook functions ?
Sounds like a major cop out to me.

Enlighten me if I'm missing something. It has happened before.

Old April 3rd 05, 02:27 PM
RaceFace

"wotsayyou" wrote in message
Thanks for the link and information.

Nvidia designed the cards for laptops / notebooks, didn't they ? Why
shouldn't they support / supply drivers that sport notebook functions ?
Sounds like a major cop out to me.

Enlighten me if I'm missing something. It has happened before.

That's exactly it - they designed the graphics cards - not the notebooks.
They can't support features they had no hand in developing. That's why the
notebook companies themselves have to develop their own driver sets. No two
notebooks are exactly alike.

RF

Old April 4th 05, 05:33 AM
Benjamin Gawert

RaceFace wrote:

That's exactly it - they designed the graphics cards - not the
notebooks. They can't support features they had no hand in
developing. That's why the notebook companies themselves have to
develop their own driver sets. No two notebooks are exactly alike.

Well, they can easily support the mobile graphics in notebook, because even
when notebooks aren't alike, the GPUs are, especially since no notebook
manufacturer implements and additional gfx features (because they can't).
It's simply a political thing that ATI and Nvidia don't support their mobile
products, because this way they can offload the support costs to the
notebook manufacturers. It's definitely no technical reason...

But it seems that this is going to change, as both ATI and Nvidia are
planning on implementing support for their mobile product in the generic
drivers somewhen in the near future...

Benjamin