search for generic master cd

Old January 7th 06, 01:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Default search for generic master cd

I have a new laptop packard bell easynotes L2L4. Recently, I was
infected with a bad virus who certainely damaged partition and boot
data on my hard disk. I haven't made before master CD's and I used
differents HD utilities to clear my disk. Finely I couldn't install the
system ( windows XP or other). I learned that I must have a geneic
master CD for that.
Can anyone help me, I am really in need Thank you

Old January 7th 06, 08:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

dodi wrote:

I have a new laptop packard bell easynotes L2L4. Recently, I was
infected with a bad virus who certainely damaged partition and boot
data on my hard disk. I haven't made before master CD's and I used
differents HD utilities to clear my disk. Finely I couldn't install the
system ( windows XP or other). I learned that I must have a geneic
master CD for that.
Can anyone help me, I am really in need Thank you

The quick solution is to phone P-B with your serial number and credit card
and they will send a pair of master CDs for 43 quid (UK).

You could try to persuade the dealer to reload it under warranty
or pay him to do it.

You could install a new copy of Windows XP and download the drivers
from P-B's support site.

You could find someone with a similar laptop who could create master CDs
for you.

Or you could load a free copy of Solaris or Linux.

ISTR seeing a list somewhere of which master CDs work with which models.
Anyone know the URL?

--
Eiron

I have no spirit to play with you; your dearth of judgment renders you
tedious - Ben Jonson.

Old January 30th 06, 12:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

i.have.windows.xp.it.is.new.if.you.need.it.is.in.t he.box.it.is.not.open.
email.me.ok.i.will.send.it.to.you.ok.by