Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data?

Old April 4th 05, 04:44 PM
Kyle Tucker

Default Netbackup script to show totals of backed up data?

Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library. I will
use the output of the bpimagelist command and Perl, but
just wanted to see if someone already had something. TIA.

--
- Kyle
Old April 6th 05, 05:41 PM
Greg Beeker

Kyle Tucker wrote:
Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library.

That depends on the command you are using to do tha backups.

Old April 6th 05, 06:50 PM
Kyle Tucker

In article .com,
"Greg Beeker" writes:

Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library.

That depends on the command you are using to do tha backups.

Backups are done by Netbackup's (Veritas) automated scheduler.
These aren't manual or homegrown backups.

--
- Kyle
Old April 7th 05, 04:44 AM
GG

Before I reinvent the wheel, does anyone have or know of a
script that would show the amounts of data being backed up
for a given period, such as all fulls and incrementals for
a week? I'm trying to spec out a new tape library.

try
http://www.backupscripts.com/
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/pub/mail-lists/veritas-users/